Organizations may desire a change in certain cultural elements which they suspect will limit or are already limiting the ability to compete effectively in the marketplace.
Organizational leadership may also decide to pursue culture change for the following reasons;
- A crisis in the organization which threatens its existence.
- Changes in consumer behaviour which necessitates a modification of the business model.
- Heavy politicking which stifles employee productivity.
- Destructive conflict within teams and amongst different work groups.
- A focus on culture to support the implementation of a strategic plan.